Getting Started with Pega Cloud Services
Congratulations! You have received your new Pega Cloud® Services environments, and are ready to run and manage your Pega applications.
Pega Cloud Services provisions the hardware for your environment and installs all of your required software. It is ready for your use. There are some setup steps that only you can complete, such as entering in your user information. This article provides a path through the various startup steps.
1. After your organization signs the contract, while Pega Cloud Services provisions your environments, you should define your Pega Cloud Services Support Contacts.
2. When your environments are ready, you will receive emails on how to access your environments.
3. Pega Cloud Services sets up a default maintenance window for system updates and maintenance. At this point, determine whether you wish to change the default.
4. After you receive your credentials and can log into your new Pega Cloud Services environments, you should review the appropriate Pega Application Implementation Guides in order to develop your applications. These guides include any post-installation steps required for your application.
5. Secure your application by setting up the organizational and user structures to precisely limit access to your application. Follow the details in our documentation to set up your users.
6. While you develop your application, Pega recommends tracking your Pega projects using Pega Agile Studio.
7. To make the setup process as easy as possible, Pega Cloud Services includes several important tools and services. Pega provides Pega Deployment Manager to help you as you make changes to your applications.
8. You can complete your network connectivity in your application by setting up direct networking connections and other network engineering tasks.
10. If you are a business licensed to use BIX, you can extract your data to an external database by using BIX.
11. To address any questions or concerns found during the previous steps, you can use the multi-faceted support on your applications by contacting Pega Client Support.