Infrastructure monitoring in Pega Cloud Service environments
The Pega Cloud Service reliability team continuously monitors all client environments for infrastructure component issues and failures, system performance degradation, and resource utilization issues. Examples of the components and system performance monitoring include:
- Server responsiveness – Proactive, regular ping to verify server responsiveness
- CPU utilization – Proactive monitoring with alert when utilization exceeds threshold
- Memory utilization (buffered and cached) – Proactive monitoring with alert when utilization exceeds threshold
- Disk utilization – Proactive monitoring with alert when utilization exceeds threshold
- Application server accessibility – WGET/Curl, alert if no response
- Application server – WGET/Curl and JMX, alert if no response
- Application server Heap utilization – WGET/Curl, alert when utilization exceeds threshold
- Database query – Proactive, regular database query; alert if no response
- Database table space utilization – Proactive, regular database query; alert when utilization exceeds threshold
- Database errors – Proactive, regular database query; alert if error returned
Pega database administrators custom-configure system alerts to catch early signs of database CPU usage spikes, database storage issues, and database connectivity issues. Alerts automatically notify our 24x7x365 on-call operations team when database thresholds are reached so our Service Reliability Engineers can remediate any potential issues.
The Pega Cloud Services reliability team has strategically located security and network operations facilities around the world. Our security and networking experts monitor and manage your environment 24x7x365 using a follow-the-sun operations methodology. For more information on how Pega Cloud Services ensures your environment is secure, see Layered distributed denial of service protection in Pega Cloud Services.
For details of monitoring your application in your Pega Cloud Services environments, see Monitoring your application using Pega PDC.