Pega Cloud decommissioning process
Pegasystems Inc. removes Pega Cloud® Virtual Private Clouds (VPCs)—or Pega Cloud environments deployed within the Pega Cloud VPC—using a standard process known as decommissioning.
The information provided in this document is for planning purposes only, and is subject to change at the discretion of Pegasystems Inc.
VPC and environment decommissioning scenarios
Pegasystems Inc. uses its standard decommissioning process for the removal of VPC or environments deployed within it for the following scenarios:
- The application moves to a client-managed cloud environment as part of the Cloud Choice Guarantee.
- The Pega Cloud Services contract expires, or you request to no longer subscribe to Pega Cloud Services.
- The 30-day trial period ends on the provided cloned environment used during the client upgrade assessment process. In this case, Pegasystems Inc. deletes the upgraded, cloned staging environment within 7 days of completing all of the live environment upgrades For more information, see The Pega software upgrade process.
Pegasystems Inc. also decommissions environments as part of its standard reprovisioning process, which is a three step Pega Cloud process that includes:
- Provisioning of a new environment
- Migration data form the old environment to the new environment
- Decommissioning the original environment.
Pega Cloud reprovisions environments following client requests for the following configuration changes:
- A request to rename a current URL/environment. This request requires reprovisioning because renaming isn't supported; instead the client receives a newly provisioned environment with the new name.
- Moving environments to a different VPC in the same or another supported region that Pega Cloud supports.
What is deleted in a Pega Cloud decommissioining
After Pega Cloud decommissions a VPC or the environments deployed within it, the following data and resources are no longer recoverable:
- Pega application, configuration, and data.
- Pega Cloud resources included but not limited to, resources listed in the table.
|Following a VPC decommissioning||Following an environment decommissioning||Following a cloned environment decommissioning|
|Cloud file storage data||✓||✓|
|IP address ranges on a list of allowed connections||✓||✓||✓|
|AWS authentication keystores||✓||✓||✓|
Pegasystems Inc. responsibilities
Pegasystems Inc. responsibilities include the following actions:
- Send notification of the 30-day window during which you can access your VPC and Pega Cloud environments before they are decommissioned which include:
- An e-mail confirmation of the start date of the 30-day window
- A My Pega Cloud portal banner displaying the end date of the 30-day window of access.
- Return your data persisted to Pega Cloud Services in a common industry-standard format (such as database export or snapshot) following your request for this data.
Client responsibilities include the following actions:
- Export your Pega application, configuration, and data within the 30-day window.
- Reschedule a decommissioning to an earlier date, you must file a Support Request (SR) that includes a time frame and explicit consent to decommission the environment early. To file or update an SR use the Support Requests tab in the My Support Portal.
Depending on the type of decommissioning, you no longer have access to the Pega Cloud VPC or its environments.
For questions or additional information, call the Pega Support Contact Information that is listed for your region.