Pega Cloud Services maintenance and types of system updates
This article provides information about Pega Cloud Services maintenance. This information is provided for planning purposes, and is subject to change at the discretion of Pegasystems Inc.
Periodic system maintenance is essential to maintaining the on-going stability and security of your Pega Cloud Services environments, as well as to the evolution of Pega Cloud. Periodic maintenance ensures your Pega Cloud Services environments stay up-to-date with software updates and patches, and can make use of the latest features and services included in Pega Cloud Services.
Pegasystems Inc. will strive to minimize the impact of maintenance to your Pega Cloud Services application and its availability. For questions, contact Pegasystems Inc. Global Client Support (GCS).
There are two types of maintenance for Pega Cloud services: standard maintenance and emergency maintenance. This section describes the differences between the two types of maintenance.
Standard maintenance includes all scheduled Pega Cloud Services update and upgrade events. See the section standard maintenance activities for further information about the kinds of service maintenance covered by this category.
Standard maintenance will only be scheduled during an available Maintenance Window. Pegasystems Inc. will provide advance notice of Standard Maintenance at least five (5) days prior to the work commencing.
Emergency maintenance includes all maintenance performed with immediate or near-immediate timing to remediate or avoid an incident, or to address modifications as mandated by Pegasystems Inc. See the section emergency maintenance activities for further information about the kinds of system maintenance covered by this category.
Emergency maintenance may be performed outside of a maintenance window. Pegasystems Inc. will attempt to provide but cannot guarantee delivery of advanced notification for an emergency maintenance event.
Pegasystems Inc. will make a reasonable effort to not undertake scheduled standard maintenance for more than 8 hours a month. During scheduled standard maintenance on either weekends or on weekdays between 11:00 p.m. and 5:00 a.m. local time in the Amazon AWS Region of the deployed environment, access to, and use of, the Subscription may be paused. See the table below for the local times of each Amazon AWS Region.
|AWS Region||Local Time Zone|
|Asia Pacific (Singapore): ap-southeast-1||SGT (Singapore Time)|
|Asia Pacific (Sydney): ap-southeast-2||AEST* (Australian Eastern Standard Time)|
|Asia Pacific (Tokyo): ap-northeast-1||JST (Japanese Standard Time)|
|Asia Pacific (Mumbai): ap-sout-1||Mumbai (India - Maharashtra)|
|Canada (Central): ca-central-1||ET* (Eastern Time)|
|EU (Frankfurt): eu-central-1||CET* (Central European Time)|
|EU (Ireland): eu-west-1||IST* (Irish Standard Time)|
|EU (London): eu-west-2||BST* (British Standard Time)|
|EU (Paris): eu-west-3||CET* (Central European Time)|
|South America (São Paulo): sa-east-1||BRT* (Brasília Time)|
|US East (N. Virginia): us-east-1||ET* (Eastern Time)|
|US East (Ohio): us-east-2||ET* (Eastern Time)|
|US West (N. California): us-west-1||PT* (Pacific Time)|
|US West (Oregon): us-west-2||PT* (Pacific Time)|
*Participates in Daylight Savings Time.
Reach out to GCS for more information.
Standard maintenance activities
Examples of standard maintenance activities include:
- Pegasystems Inc. upgrades the underlying environment and supporting services including the database.
- Understanding the Pega Cloud Services software upgrade process. To learn about the Pega software upgrade journey, see the Pega Upgrade Center. Pegasystems Inc. upgrades the environment to the latest major or minor software versions of Pega Platform and the suite of CRM applications running in Pega Cloud Services environments, its tools, and facilities. Software upgrades are cumulative and include all previously released patches. Software upgrades for Pega Cloud environments include a cloned environment for validation. For more information on the Pega Cloud software upgrade process, see
- Understanding the Pega Cloud Services patch process. To review what is included in Pega Platform 8.x patches, see Pega Platform patches. Pegasystems Inc. applies cumulative patch releases for the latest Pega Platform 8.x software to the environment, which does not require a cloned environment for validation. For details about how Pega Platform patches are applied to client systems, see
- emergency maintenance activities section. Pegasystems Inc. installs and subsequently commits hotfixes required for the proper operation of Pega Platform and/or strategic application software. Required hotfixes address functional or operational issues with the software. They should not be confused with critical hotfixes that are deployed as emergency maintenance and defined in the
Emergency maintenance activities
Examples of emergency activities include:
- Pegasystems Inc. installs and subsequently commits Pega Platform and/or strategic application software hotfixes that Pegasystems Inc. deems critical to the continued availability and security of your Pega Cloud Services system. Critical hotfixes address issues that may compromise the availability, stability, or security of the system, and their installation is not optional. Critical hotfixes may be deployed with little to no advance notice to remediate or avoid an incident. Critical hotfixes are committed within 7 days after the initial installation, providing time to evaluate the correct function of the hotfix and to roll back the changes if necessary. While these hotfixes are not optional, Pegasystems Inc. will take reasonable steps to reduce the disruption of these changes to your Pega Cloud Services systems.
Pegasystems Inc. may mandate the installation of patches or the upgrade of software or infrastructure to Pega Cloud services that are critical to ensure the availability, stability, or security of the environments. While such changes are not optional, Pegasystems Inc. will take reasonable steps to reduce the disruption of these changes to your Pega Cloud systems.