Pega Cloud SFTP service
The Pega Cloud® SFTP service provides Pega Cloud Services clients with simple, secure file transfers to and from their Pega Cloud applications. The service securely exchanges files between your enterprise and your Pega applications that Pega Cloud Services runs, and uses the Pega Cloud File Storage repository for reliable and resilient storage.
The Pega Cloud SFTP service provides the following features:
- A secure service for file uploads and downloads to or from you Pega Cloud File Storage.
- Static IP addresses that do not change for the life of the service, eliminating the need for you to add a broad range of IP addresses to a list of allowed connections for the service.
- A separate SFTP server with a unique URL, user credential, and folder for each environment.
- Direct mapping of the Pega Cloud SFTP service to the Pega Cloud File Storage repository providing reliable, scalable file storage capacity. For more information, see Pega Cloud File Storage.
- Bulk data processing through file listeners in your Pega Cloud environment applications or by integrating with Pega Business Intelligence Exchange™ data extracts. The repository securely stores data until removal.
Client responsibilities include the following actions:
- Installing an SFTP or SSH client of your choice to connect to the Pega SFTP Service.
- Generating the public/private key pair using an SSH client of your choice.
- Raising a service request (SR) containing the public key and list of IPs or IP ranges to add to an allow list, which is required to authenticate and connect to the Pega SFTP service.
- If required, adding the static IP for the Pega SFTP server to an allow list through your enterprise firewall that Pega Cloud Services provides.
Pegasystems Inc. responsibilities
Pegasystems Inc. responsibilities include the following actions:
- Integrating the SFTP service with your environment.
- Authenticating the SFTP service using the public key.
- Providing client with the SFTP hostname, username, and URL.
- Encrypting data in transit using SSH and data at rest using an environment-specific key.
- Deploying the SFTP service with the public key & public IP(s) provided by client.
If requested, providing the static IP address of the SFTP server for the client to add to a list of allowed connections.
Connecting to the Pega Cloud SFTP service
After compiling a list of public IP addresses and generating a public/private key pair, complete the following actions:
- Log in to your My Support Portal account.
- Click New Request, and then select "For Something I need" to create a Service Request (SR) with a minimum advance notice of 5 business days
- Send the public key and IP addresses added to an allow list in the body of the service request form.
- The Pega Global Client Support team receives your service request then deploys the SFTP service.
- Global Client Support sends a file containing the SFTP hostname, SFTP username, and folder URL used to access the SFTP service.
Hostname and URL are sent in the following format:
<SFTP hostname>:<client name/designation>.<project>.<type of environment[dev-test, staging, production]>.sftp.pegacloud.net
- Configure your SFTP client or SSH shell using the hostname, SFTP username, and folder URL to interact with the Pega Cloud SFTP service.
Securely transfer data between your enterprise and your Pega applications running in Pega Cloud Services
The Pega Cloud SFTP service security model supports only single-user access authentication using a private/public key pair. During customer onboarding, Pega uses a customer-supplied public key to configure authentication to the service. All SFTP services in the subscription require an environment-specific key for Pega Cloud connectivity.
Data management considerations
Keep in mind the following file storage and data management guidelines:
- File storage utilization: The Pega Cloud SFTP service uses available Pega Cloud File Storage space according to the allocation that is specified in your Pega Cloud Services subscription.
- Data cleanup: You are responsible for managing your data files according to your enterprise best business practices by using the SFTP client of your choice.
To manage your files in the Pega Cloud File Storage repository, use the Repository API to interact with your files or configure a file listener to process your files. For details, see Pega Cloud File Storage.