Preparing your Pega Customer Decision Hub application for development
This article applies to clients who are using Pega Customer Decision Hub™ (previously called Pega Marketing™) in their Pega Cloud Services environments.
Congratulations on taking the first steps in managing your 1:1 engagements with your customers using Pega’s Next-Best-Action!
To use your Customer Decision Hub application in your new Pega Cloud Services environment, you need to create an administrative user for the application, and then complete the Decision Hub first-time setup for your environment.
Creating the administrative user for Pega Customer Decision Hub
- Log in to your Pega Cloud environment using email@example.com and the supplied credentials. (NOTE: If you have already changed your Pega Platform administrator password, use the password you created. If you have not yet changed the default password, you will be prompted to change it.)
- Create an operator that will act as the administrator:
- Open the Organization and Security landing page by clicking the Configure -> Org & Security -> Organization -> Operators
- Click ‘New’ and enter a short description and operator ID for the marketing administrator. NOTE: you will be able to add other users later.
- Specify the appropriate access group under Application Access section and select it as the default access group.
- For Pega Customer Decision Hub, the access group name is CDHTemplate:CDHInstall.
- For Pega Marketing, the access group name is MKTTemplate:MarketInstall.
- Specify your Organization, Division and Unit on the Work tab.
- On the Security tab, specify the following:
- Allow rule checkout is TRUE
- Update password (NOTE: you’ll be prompted to change this password on first time login)
- Logout as firstname.lastname@example.org.
Completing steps for your Pega Customer Decision Hub environment setup
1. Log in to your Pega Customer Decision Hub cloud environment using the administrative user set up above.
2. You should be presented with the First-time Setup Process. Follow the steps for this setup.
NOTE: If your Organization has NOT been set, you will be prompted to enter it.
3. Follow the steps in the Pega Customer Decision Hub Implementation Guide (available on the Pega Customer Decision Hub page in Pega Community) for additional implementation steps.