Requesting a virtual private cloud (VPC) peering connection
You can use a virtual private cloud (VPC) peering connection to access your systems of record or transfer data between your Pega Cloud® VPC and your Amazon VPC by using private IPv4 addresses. VPC peering is a virtual connection within the Amazon Web Services (AWS) architecture that enables one-to-one networking connections between VPCs within the same region.
- Request a VPC peering connection by opening a service request through the Pegasystems My Support Portal. Include your Amazon VPC Classless Inter-Domain Routing (CIDR) information in the request. In response to your request, Pega Cloud Support provides you with the following information:
- The Pega Cloud AWS account ID
- Your Pega Cloud VPC ID and region
- Your Pega Cloud VPC address range (CIDR)
- Using the information that you receive from Pega Cloud Support, create the VPC peering connection by sending a peering request to your Pega Cloud VPC from your AWS account.
The IPv4 CIDR blocks for the VPCs that you are establishing a peering connection between must not overlap. If the IPv4 CIDR blocks overlap, the VPC peering connection fails, even if the VPCs have unique IPv6 CIDR blocks.
- From the Amazon VPC console, in the navigation pane, click Peering Connections.
- Click Create VPC Peering Connection, and complete the following fields to configure your VPC peering connection request:
- Name tag – Enter a name for the VPC peering connection.
- Local VPC to peer – Select the VPC in your account with which you want to create the VPC peering connection.
- Account – Select My account.
- Account ID – Enter the Pega Cloud AWS account ID.
- VPC ID – Enter your Pega Cloud VPC ID.
- Click Create VPC Peering Connection, and click OK to confirm the request.
- After your VPC peering connection request is accepted, create a route table entry that includes the VPC peering connection information.
- From the Amazon VPC console, in the navigation pane, click Route Tables.
- Select the VPC that you are establishing the peering connection with.
- On the Routes tab, click Add another route and provide the following information:
- Destination – Enter the CIDR for your Pega Cloud VPC.
- Target – Enter the information for the peered VPC.