Creating strategy builder templates in Pega Marketing for Communications 7.4
Strategy builder template helps to overcome the challenges that come with manual configuration of strategies. The approach is generic and supports extension and reusability.
Strategies come with a pre-defined structure that needs to be updated or recreated for various use cases. This is reflected in the implementation layer as the strategies come with limited extensibility. To be reused, the strategies that are created in the base application, have to be saved in the implementation layer. Strategy builder templates simplify this process and can be used in acquisition and negotiation scenarios that require eligibilities and prioritization of strategies. Eligibilities are defined in proposition filter rules, such as Eligibility for TV. Priorities are defined in strategy rules, such as Top Plan & AddOn Priotitization (for offers) and Calculations & Priotitization (for calculations).
You can create custom templates by completing the following steps:
- Log on to the Pega Marketing portal.
- Click Intelligence > Strategies.
- In the upper-right corner, click Create > Guide me through it.
- Complete the Strategy name field and the Description field.
- Add the Dynamic Top Bundle objective to the strategy by clicking Configure.
- In the Business Issue / Group section, from the Business issue list, select Acquisition.
- Select all groups except for Bundle.
- In the Targeting approach section, select the Analytics driven approach.
- Add all groups to the approach by clicking Configure.
- Set up the groups by performing the following actions:
- From the list for every group, select All Offers.
- In the Eligibilities box, click Configure and add a proposition filter rule that matches the group. For example, for the TV group, add Eligibility for TV.
- In the Prioritization box, click Configure and add the Top Plan & Offer Prioritization priority.
- In the Overall prioritization section, click Configure and add the Acquisition Priority SB priority.
The following figure is an example of a strategy that is generated by using the Dynamic Top Bundle strategy template: