Analyzing group descriptions
Value Finder provides insight about under-served customers by identifying and describing three groups that have a high occurrence of under-served customers. Review each group's information to understand why there are no relevant actions available for these customers, and use this knowledge to improve your next-best-action strategy.
Log in to the Pega Customer Decision Hub portal.
In the navigation pane of the Pega Customer Decision Hub portal, click.
Run a simulation.For more information, see Running Value Finder simulations.
In the Top opportunities section, click Under-served customers after eligibility.
In the Top discovered customer groups section, review the groups that Value Finder identified.
Value Finder provides the following information about each group:
- Group characteristics, such as age or credit card ownership.
- Under-served customers
- The number of under-served customers in the group.
- The number of under-served customers in the group divided by the total number of customers in the group. If the accuracy is at 100%, this means that all customers in the group are under-served. If the accuracy is lower, for example at 80%, this means that 80% of the customers in the group are under-served. The remaining 20% have at least one action above the propensity threshold.
To get additional information about a group, click the More icon, and then click View details.
Value Finder provides the following information for each group:
- Total customers in group
- The number of customers in the group, both under-served and well-engaged.
- Percentage of under-served retrieved in this group
- The number of under-served customers in the group divided by the overall number of under-served customers in the audience. This measure shows what fraction of all under-served customers in the audience Value Finder retrieves for this group.
To get more actionable group definitions that you can later save as audiences, manage the descriptive fields used to define the groups:Deselecting fields to exclude them from the descriptions lowers the accuracy of the group descriptions.
Click Manage descriptive fields.
If you want to remove a field from the group description, in the Used fields list, click the Close this item icon next to the field name.
If you want to add a field to the group description, in the Ignored fields list, click the Close this item icon next to the field name.
Save the changes by clicking anywhere outside the dialog box.Value Finder updates the group descriptions by using the selected fields and recalculates the number of under-served customers, accuracy, and recall measures.