Configuring an action flow to write information to an external system
Create Output Template rules to define the content to write to an external source as part of making an action. Pega Customer Decision Hub supports writing to both a file and a database table.
You can use data exports out of Pega Customer Decision Hub to support and extend your customer engagement efforts. For example, as part of your customer retention efforts, you may prepare an engagement message for customers whose contracts are due to expire, encouraging them to renew their contracts. After the message is emailed to the customers, you may want to follow up by sending them the required renewal forms by direct mail. To automatize this process, you can configure Pega Customer Decision Hub to automatically write the customers' names and mailing addresses to a file.
Understanding the process of using an output template
The process of writing information to an output template consists of the following stages:
- Configuration - In this stage, an operator with access to the Treatments landing page creates an Output Template rule, configures the output contents, and specifies the finalization schedule. For more information, see the following topics:
- Runtime - In this stage, the records are staged for writing to the target file or database table. The runtime stage for an output template starts when an action flow reaches the flow shape that references the template.
- Finalization - In this stage, the target file or database table is populated with the staged records. The finalization stage can be triggered manually, automatically at the end of each run, or according to a predefined schedule. For more information, see Configuring the finalization schedule for a file or database template.
- Creating file templates
To create a new template for file exports, complete the following steps:
- Creating database templates
To create a new template for database exports, complete the following steps:
- Configuring the contents of a file or database template
Configure the output content, including both data attributes and static text, for this template.
- Configuring the finalization schedule for a file or database template
Configure the finalization schedule, notifications, and post-finalization activity for the output template.
- File and Database landing page details
The File and Database landing pages display detailed lists of File and Database rules currently defined in your system.