Configuring email treatments
The Subject field allows the user to specify the subject for the email. The email subject can be static text, a property reference, or an expression which combines both static text and property references.
The user can also utilize the Key Code field to specify a code for the Email Treatment. This code can be used by downstream functionality, such as the Send Email shape in the action canvas.
When the Track Email Open Rate checkbox is enabled, the system automatically captures email opens (impressions) in Interaction History. This setting is enabled by default in a new Email Treatment.
The Email Treatment Editor enables the user to design high quality treatments to send to customers. This editor supports two modes of editing:
- Design – This is the default editing mode. In this mode, users can enter free-form content and use a wide array of editing tools to format this content. To apply formatting to content; select the content first and then, use the formatting icons to update the content’s format.
- Source – This mode is for advanced users and provides direct access to the source HTML for this treatment. In this mode, the formatting icons are disabled.
Users can switch between the two modes above by toggling the Source button:
The editor also includes an array of buttons to insert content (such as links, images, properties, etc.) into the treatment:
Two of the buttons in this array are essential in designing effective customer-focused treatments. These are further outlined below.
- Embedding Relevant Data
Relevant data can be embedded into the treatment via the Insert Property button:
- Embedding a Response Link
Response links can be embedded into an Email Treatment via the Insert Button button:
- Previewing Included Sections
The Show the preview of included section checkbox (at the bottom of the Email Treatment editor) enables users to preview sections inline in the editor.
- Testing the Email Treatment
The Test Message tab on the Email Treatment provides an easy way to test the look and feel of the Email Treatment when it is actually delivered.