Embedding a Response Link
Response links can be embedded into an Email Treatment via the Insert Button button:
Clicking this button opens the Button Parameters dialog. This dialog presents the user with a variety of options for configuring the response mechanism for the treatment. The type of response link is determined by the value selected in the Function drop-down. The following options are available:
Accept action - This option embeds a link for the customer to accept the action. The user must select whether to direct the customer to a response screen or to an external URL.
Decline action - This option embeds a link for the customer to decline the action. The user must select whether to direct the customer to a response screen or to an external URL.
Open internal page – This option embeds a link to launch an internal page. The user must specify the name of the response screen (internal page).This page cannot be customized with customer or action data, because internal pages do not support referencing this type of data. Use the Open external URL or Microsite options instead.
Open external URL – This option embeds a link to launch an external URL. The user must specify the external URL to open.
Microsite – This option embeds a link to launch a microsite. The user must select the microsite from a list of all microsites configured in the system.
Tracking Click Rate
For each of the above functions, the user can enable the Track click rate option. The system automatically tracks clicks (in Interaction History) for any response links that are generated with this option enabled. This setting is enabled by default.
Redirecting to a Response Screen
This option is available for the Accept Offer, Decline Offer, and Open Internal Page links. The user can configure a response screen to be displayed when the customer clicks on a response link in the action email. This response screen is an internal page in the application and is typically configured using a Section rule.
- For Accept Offer and Decline Offer, the response screen value is defaulted to the value configured by the application administrator. In these cases, a typical response screen should represent a confirmation for the action taken by the customer (accept or decline) and any other information that needs to be presented.
- For Open Internal Page, the response screen can be considered as a page to provide more
information on the action. This page can contain appropriately configured action buttons
(such as accept and decline) that the customer can use to respond to the action.This page cannot be customized with customer or action data, because internal pages do not support referencing this type of data. Use the Open external URL or Microsite options instead.
If the value for the response screen is not set, the out-of-the-box default response screen (DefaultEmailResponse) will be used. Both customer and action data are available to be referenced when building and configuring a custom response screen.
Redirecting to an External URL
This option is available for the Accept Offer, Decline Offer, and Open External URL links. The user can further choose whether relevant Offer Data should be included while re-directing to the external URL. If selected, these values are passed as URL parameters to the external URL being launched. The following parameters are furnished:
- C – Customer ID
- R – Customer response
- I – Issue of the action
- G – Group of the action
- O – Name of the action
- T – Name of the Email Treatment
- W – ID of the Campaign Runs that initiated the action
- RA – Rank of the action in the Campaign Run (batch output) table
- OU – Name of the Campaign Run (batch output) class containing the action instance
Adding Style Options
The following style options can be specified for the response link:
- Button text – The text that is displayed to the user as the link
- Button image URL – Reference to an image that is displayed alongside the link
- Custom style – CSS formatting style that should be applied to the link