Using a Configuration Modal Window
The configuration modal window is utilized in multiple places within Pega Customer Decision Hub. This appendix outlines the components of a configuration window and how to use the window to select items.
Configuration Window Components
The configuration modal window has the following components:
Items list - The left half of the window has a list of selectable
items. This component has the following usage patterns:
- The modal presents the twenty most recently updated rules (e.g. Strategies) in the system.
- If there are more than twenty results, use the View 20 more results link at the bottom to load the next set of results.
- Use the search box to search for rules by name or description.
- The refresh icon refreshes the list of results, retaining any search criteria that was previously entered.
- Use the Create link (if available in the window) to create a new rule. The system pre-populates relevant fields on the rule's create form. After creating the rule, refresh the list of results in the modal to see your new rule.
- Click an entry in the list to select it. Upon selection, the system displays information about the selected entry in the details panel on the right.
- Item details panel - The upper portion of the right half of the window lists pertinent details about the currently selected item. Use the link in this panel (if present) to open the corresponding rule.
- Selected items panel - The lower portion of the right half of the configuration window lists the items that have been selected so far. Clicking an item link in this section opens the corresponding rule. This panel also displays an informational message (either Only 1 can be added or Multiple can be added ) to indicate how many elements can be selected using this configuration window.
Based on the element being configured and its intended usage, users can either select a single item from the list or multiple items.
Click Add to include the corresponding item as a selection for the configuration. In the case of a single-select configuration modal, the Add button is disabled on all other rows once an item has been selected. To select a different item, first remove the currently added item by either clicking Remove in the item's row or by clicking the corresponding trashcan icon in the selected items panel.
After adding the desired items, click Apply to confirm your selection changes and close the configuration window. Alternately, click Cancel at any time to discard selection changes and close the configuration window.