A distribution test enables the user to test the execution of a Campaign in terms of assessing the actions made and the customers targeted. The result of a distribution test is a series of reports outlining various distribution metrics. No actions are actually made to customers in this form of Campaign testing.
The Distribution test link in the Tests section enables the user to initiate a distribution test. This link is enabled when the following conditions are met:
- Strategy and Strategy result component is selected
- At least one engagement is configured
- Audience is configured
- Campaign isn't utilizing direct output of results using a database template
Clicking this link performs Campaign validation and presents the user with validation violations and configuration options. The user must resolve all critical violations before they can initiate the distribution test.
Additionally, the user can enable the following options for the distribution test:
- Refresh the Campaign audience before executing the test
- Create funnel analysis reports which break down the results of the test into granular analyses to assess how certain components and expressions influence the overall outcome
- Apply the Campaign Constraint as part of executing the test
Upon clicking Submit, the system initiates a distribution test. An entry for this test is added to the test runs grid. Users can refresh the Campaign display to view the current status of the test.
After the test run finishes, click a test row to display various details about the distribution test. Refer to Viewing Run Details for information on using this view.
If you selected the option Create funnel analysis reports, the Reports section contains predefined reports that drill down to the details of proposition counts by Champion Challenger, Proposition Filter, Prioritization, and Switch components. You can configure additional drill-down reports to view the details of proposition counts by Geofence, Segment Filter or Contact Policy components. For more information, see Creating simulation tests in Customer Decision Hub.
The delete icon in the row enables users to remove the corresponding distribution test from the Campaign.