Capturing customer events in a repository
Customer Journey is a feature that you can use to capture customer events in a repository (event store) and present the events in a timely manner. These events are presented as a timeline view of customer events that are captured across all Pega Customer Relationship Management applications.
In the Pega® Customer Service for Communications application, customer events are captured when you create or resolve the following cases:
- Phone call, chat, mobile, and web interactions
- All service cases
In Pega Sales Automation for Communications, customer events are captured when the following events occur:
- A Customer, Appointment, Lead, Opportunity, or Task case is created
- An email is received
- A lead is created
- An opportunity is lost or won
To capture an event, complete the following steps:
- Create an event in the event catalog landing page. Click Designer Studio > Decisioning > Infrastructure > Customer Movie > Event Catalog.
This event creates a data flow that captures the customer data that is passed in and stores the data in the repository.
- Update the data flow to capture the events. For reference, see the ServiceCaseCMF or InteractionCMF data flows.
- To capture an event, add the CaptureEvent flow to a stage or to a flow.
- To map the appropriate properties, override the EventDetails data transform rule.
CustomerId is an important property that the event store uses to store an event. If the property is not mapped correctly, data flow processing errors can occur. In addition, ensure that you configure When rules to prevent the capture of a customer event if customer information is unavailable.
- To display the captured events, add a pxEventsFeed section.
- Open the section that includes the cell properties. In the Parameters tab, enter the customerId parameter value.
- Save your changes.