Monitoring system health
You can view the status of Chat and messaging operations in the contact center to confirm that incoming work is appropriately routed to agents during business hours. The Messaging system health icon in the header of the Interaction portal, which updates every 5 minutes, reflects high-level system health.
The status of the Messaging system health icon displays as follows:
- The system is normal or healthy.
- There is one or more issues with the system.
- There is one or more outages in the system.
To view details about the system, in the navigation pane of the Pega Customer Service application, click Manager Tools, and then click the System health tab. The Interaction summary records the throughput of the system and defines the states as follows:
- The total percentage of expired, abandoned, and declined incoming messages over the last business hour is less than but not equal to 10%.
- The total percentage of expired, abandoned, and declined incoming messages over the last business hour is between 10% and 70%.
- The total percentage of expired, abandoned, and declined incoming messages over the last business hour is greater than 70%.
The Routing Engine summary reports and records the status of the queue processors and stream nodes:
- For queue processors:
All services are running.
One of the two routing services reports displays an inactive or stopped state.
Both routing services report as stopped.
- For stream nodes:
The statuses of all stream nodes are normal.
Some nodes are in the process of booting up to join the application for service and are not yet available to handle message interactions.
One or more nodes reports as failed.