Financial services capabilities
The topics in this section provide information about Pega Customer Service for Financial Services and the financial services-specific capabilities included with the application.
Introduction to Pega Customer Service for Financial Services
Pega Customer Service for Financial Services provides a scalable solution for financial services. It also provides assistance to customer service representatives through every service interaction and dynamically adjusts the service delivery based on the account status or channel or device in use.
Pega Customer Service for Financial Services enables you to build and manage programs, and support customer service across functions including retail banking, commercial banking, card servicing, loan servicing, wealth management, and collections.
Pega Customer Service for Financial Services provides a comprehensive solution to the financial organizations by combining the features of the following applications:
- The Pega Foundation for Financial Services provides a common data model for all financial services applications allowing seamless integration between them.
- Pega Customer Service provides the foundation for the extensions of the Financial Services version.
- The Pega Collections application along with the Pega Customer Decision Hub application provides an in-depth solution for negotiating offers and scheduling payment plans.
Pega Customer Service for Financial Services is designed to work with Pega Customer Decision Hub, Pega Onboarding for Financial Services, Smart Dispute for Issuers, Smart Dispute for Acquirers, Smart Investigate for Payments, and Smart Investigate for Securities. These are optional components that can be implemented at the same time as Pega Customer Service for Financial Services or added to the application afterwards.
To successfully implement Pega Customer Service for Financial Services, make sure you are familiar with the following information:
- Support for various browser versions. Review the Platform Support Guide.
- Basic functionality of Pega Customer Service. Enroll in the latest training courses, available on the Pega Customer Service product page.
- Basic functionality of the Pega Customer Service for Financial Services and Pega Collections. Enroll in the Introduction to Customer service for Financial services and Introduction to Collections course on the Pega Academy.
- Telephony terminology and architecture. For an overview, see the Pega Call product page.
- Install Pega Customer Service and verify your installation. For more information, see the Pega Customer Service 8.6 Installation Guide on the Pega Customer Service product page.
- Pega Collections requires both Pega Customer Service for Financial Services and Pega Customer Decision Hub for Financial Services as well as all their prerequisite applications.
Pega Customer Service for Financial Services application stack
The following figure shows the Pega Customer Service for Financial Services application stack. Your financial services application inherits features from each layer.