Adding a new ruleset to the CSR portal
In Pega Customer Service, based on the circumstance feature, rules are categorized as either CSR portal rules, Interaction portal rules, or General Work Mode rules.
- In Pega Customer Service 7.12, the application supported only the CSR portal for which the CSR rules were created and used as base rules.
- In Pega Customer Service 7.13, the Interaction portal was introduced, which required the circumstancing of some of the CSR portal related rules to support Interaction portal use cases. CSR portal related rules were also circumstanced to support the General Work Mode feature.
Due to known limitations of using circumstanced rules in the product, in this release, all circumstanced rules have been removed from the CSR portal and the Interaction portal. The CSR portal rules that were previously base rules have been moved to a new ruleset and all circumstanced rules for the Interaction portal have been converted to base rules.
If you are using the Interaction portal in this release and the application has overridden the Interaction portal rules in the application ruleset, then those rules are picked up during rule resolution. If the rules are not overridden, then the rules from the product are used.
If you are upgrading to the Pega Customer Service 7.22 release and are using CSR portal, then you must add a new ruleset (CS-CSR) to your application.
- Log in to Designer Studio.
- Click Pega Customer Service Sample Application > Open Application.
- Click the Add ruleset icon. In the field that displays, enter
- Click .