Configuring a Pega Chat server for the Self-Service Advisor
To initiate a chat conversation from Self-Service Advisor, you must first install Pega Chat and configure a chat server. This chat server is configured with multiple chat queues, and when launched, directs the customer to the appropriate chat queue for assistance.
For more information about installing Pega Chat, see the Pega Chat Installation Guide on the Pega Chat product page.
- Identify and configure your Chat servers and Chat queues. For more information, see the Pega Chat implementation steps in the Pega Customer Service Implementation Guide on the Pega Customer Service product page.
- Log in to the Self-Service Advisor application by using the following credentials:
User Name: AdvisorUser
- Create a new advisor or open an existing advisor.
- On the Configuration tab, from the list of configured chat servers, select the Chat server.
- Optional: To change the default application URL to the URL where the Self-Service Advisor is to be deployed, click Pega Application URL and change the URL that is used by the Self-Service Advisor.
- To configure your chat queues, click the Categories tab and select Chat queue for that category. This is the chat queue to which customers are escalated if Self-Service Advisor does not address their issue.
- Click Save.
To save any changes that are made to an already deployed advisor, such as modifying the chat server, you must redeploy the advisor.