Configuring a Pega Chat server for the Self-Service Advisor in Pega Customer Service 7.22
To initiate a chat conversation from Self-Service Advisor, you must first install Pega Chat and configure a chat server. This chat server is configured with multiple chat queues, and when launched, directs the customer to the appropriate chat queue for assistance.
For more information about installing Pega Chat, see the Pega Chat Installation Guide on the Pega Chat product page.
- Identify and configure your Chat servers and Chat queues. For more information, see the Pega Chat implementation steps in the Pega Customer Service Implementation Guide on the Pega Customer Service product page.
- Log in to the Self-Service Advisor application using the following credentials.
User Name: AdvisorUser
- Create a new advisor or open an existing advisor.
- On the Configuration tab, select the Chat server from the list of configured chat servers.
- Configure your chat queues in the Category section. This is the chat queue to which customers are escalated, if Self-Service Advisor does not address their issue.
- To accept your changes, click Submit.
- To save your configuration, click Save.
To save any changes that are made to an already deployed advisor, such as modifying the chat server, you must redeploy the advisor.