Configuring Pega Intelligent Virtual Assistant for Facebook messenger to transfer chat to human agents
Customers interact with Pega Customer Service and customer service representatives by using automated self-service through an Intelligent Virtual Assistant for Facebook Messenger. The Intelligent Virtual Assistant provides automated answers to customer questions. When the customer wants to chat with a customer service representative, the Intelligent Virtual Assistant pushes a chat message to a customer service representative who can accept the chat request and review the past interaction transcripts before responding to the customer’s query.
To transfer a chat to human agent, complete the following tasks:
- Creating a queue
- Adding a customer service representative to a chat queue
- Joining a chat queue
- Creating a Facebook channel
- Updating the Facebook messenger app
- Updating the Facebook channel
- Testing the configuration
- Create a chat queue as described in Configuring chat queues in the Pega Customer Service Implementation Guide on the Pega Customer Service product page.
- In the queue name field, enter Facebook.
- In Designer Studio, click Designer Studio > Channel Services > Pega Chat > Administration & Configuration.
- In the chat server row, click the Settings icon , then click .
- On the Queues tab, in your chat queue, click the Edit icon .
- In the Edit Chat Queue window, in the Skills list, add a customer service representative to work on the chat queue that you selected earlier.
- Click , then click .
- Open the Interaction portal and log in to a chat server by clicking the chat icon .
- In the Chat Login window, in the Chat server list, select a chat server, then click Login.
- To join a chat queue, on the top header bar, click the chat queue icon , then click Join Queues.
- In the select queue(s) to join section, select the chat queue check box of the chat queue that you have created in Creating a queue, then click Connect.
Create a Facebook channel to interact with customers as described in Setting up a Facebook channel in the Pega Customer Service section in the Configuring a Facebook page for an Intelligent Virtual Assistant article on the PDN.
Update your Facebook Messenger app as described in the Updating the Facebook Messenger app section in the Configuring a Facebook page for an Intelligent Virtual Assistant article on the PDN.
- In your Facebook developer portal, in the left panel, click Messenger > Settings.
- To display your page access token, in the Token Generation section, in the Page list, click your page.
- Copy the page access token.
- Go to Designer Studio, then go to your Facebook channel page.
- On the Connection tab, in the Page Access Token field, paste the copied page access token.
- Click .
- Log in to your messenger account.
- In the messenger chat window, type a message that you want to chat with a human agent, for example, chat with an agent, then press .
- Go to the Interaction portal, where an incoming chat request window is displayed.
- Click .