Configuring the Web Chatbot widget
The Web Chatbot is a standalone widget that can be deployed on your website. This widget interacts with customers by using a text interface. The Web Chatbot can be used to help customers find information, send automated responses to their queries, and to create a case for escalations. To use the Web Chatbot functionality, you must add and configure its specifications. Use the Web Chatbot configuration portal to configure distinct chat bots based on your requirements.
- Log in to the Web Chatbot configuration portal by entering your administrator credentials.
- To add a new Web Chatbot, click Add Web Chatbot.
- In the Configuration tab of the Web Chatbot configuration dialog, enter the name of the chatbot and then complete the following fields:
- Chat server – The chat server that you want to configure for the Web Chatbot.
- Chat queue – The queue to which the Web Chatbot is associated.
- Pega Application URL – Optional. The default application URL where the Web Chatbot is deployed. To change the default URL, enter the URL where you want to deploy the Web Chatbot.
- Channel name – The name of the channel to which the Web Chatbot is associated.
- Change description – The log message that you enter when you make any configuration change. These description messages are displayed on the History tab with a time stamp.
- Optional: To modify the user interface to match your organizational style, click the Style tab and update the fields as necessary. To preview the updated appearance of the customer-facing panel, click Preview.
- Click Submit.