Handling the user identity in a Web Chatbot interaction
Pega Customer Service ships a sample identity as a test account to test end-user authentication in Web Chatbot. When the authentication is validated, the chat case is escalated to the customer service representative and the customer is recognized.
The following steps suggest how you can use the sample identity with the cookie for end-user authentication. You can choose to use your own logic for this mechanism.
- Log in to the Web Chatbot configuration portal.
- Configure and download the Web Chatbot .zip archive files.
- Extract the files into your system. The .zip archive includes the following files:
- PegaStyle.css – A style sheet with all defined styles.
- Index.html – The HTML file that displays on the deployed Web Chatbot portal.
- ReadMe.txt – A README file.
- Replace the functionality in the PegaHelperExtension.js file to read a cookie or inject an identity from the calling page that maps to how your business manages and persists authenticated users across your website and how it associates them with Pega Contact and Account records.