Implementing conditional processing (Intent When) by using Customer Decision Hub
Integrating Pega Customer Service with Customer Decision Hub improves the quality of the next best actions at every step during a customer interaction. Customer Decision Hub combines customer and contextual information with Artificial Intelligence (AI) and business rules to determine the actions.
When you integrate Pega Customer Service with Customer Decision Hub, you can replace Intent When rules with Customer Decision Hub logic to take advantage of advanced Artificial Intelligence (AI) and reduce the intent evaluation overhead.
To implement the functionality of Intent When rules built in your application by using Customer Decision Hub, you need to complete the configurations detailed in the following sections in Pega Customer Service and Customer Decision Hub.
Configuring Pega Customer Service
To configure Pega Customer Service to replace Intent When rules with CDH actions, complete the following procedures:
- Ensuring that conditional processing (Intent When) is disabled
- Setting up context data by using the MapContext data transform
- Mapping properties for the next best actions sent by Customer Decision Hub
- Conditionally mapping an Action ID to different Action Types
The Enable conditional processing of intent tasks check box is cleared by default. When this option is disabled, the Pega Customer Service application does not process any Intent When rules.
- In the left navigation panel of the App Studio, click Settings, and then click Behaviors.
- On the Behaviors page, ensure that the Enable conditional processing of intent tasks check box is cleared.
To receive the next best actions from Customer Decision Hub for certain conditions, you need to send the context data to Customer Decision Hub. You can build the condition to replicate the intent criteria by using a combination of the parameter type, key, and values in the MapContext data transform.
- In Dev Studio, search for and click the MapContext data transform.
- To add a row, on the Definitions tab, click the Add icon.
- From the Action list, select Set.
- In the Target field, select the type, key, and value parameter categories.
- In the Source field, enter the relevant parameter values.
For more information about how to set up data in the data transform, see Data Transform form - Completing the Definitions Tab. To extend this functionality in your Pega Customer Service implementation layer, use the CSMapAdditionalContext data transform.
To populate the next best actions determined by Customer Decision Hub in Pega Customer Service, configure the target properties, such as class name and flow name, in the MapActionProperties table.
- In Dev Studio, search for and click the MapActionProperties decision table.
- Click the Results tab and expand Additional Allowed Results.
- Define a list of Target Property and Value pairs for .ClassName, .FlowName, .PeekAheadEnabled, .pyImage, and .ActionType.
Action Type is an additional property that you should map to the action with one of the following values: Launch, Queue, or Suggest. The default value for Action Type is Suggest.
For more information on how to configure the target properties in MapActionProperties, see Decision Table Form - Completing the Results tab.
There might be cases in which the same ActionID should map to different action types in different scenarios. In such cases, use the UpdateActionType data transform to set the ActionType based on a When condition so that the system invokes the actions only when the specified conditions are true.
For more information on how to conditionalize data transform actions by using When actions, see Data Transform form - When, Otherwise, and Otherwise When actions.
Configuring Customer Decision Hub
To receive the next best actions from Customer Decision Hub for the context data sent from Pega Customer Service, you need to complete the following configurations in Customer Decision Hub:
- Add a new business group under Service.
- Add a relevance strategy to the newly created group.
- In the created strategy, ensure that the NBARelevance property is updated based on the context data sent from the MapContext data transform.
- Update the Next Best Action model with the Action and Action ID.