Migrating your data from an external system of record
In Pega Customer Service 7.31, you can use Pega’s system of record layer. If you choose to use Pega as your system of record layer, migrate your customer data from an external system of record to the Pega’s system of record physical tables.
The system of record layer provides the following data structure that contains the data classes and the related data pages that hold your customer data.
|Data Class||Related Data Pages|
To use Pega’s system of record in your implementation layer, perform the following steps:
- In Designer Studio, search for the implementation data class for which you want to update the direct inheritance of the customer implementation class.
- Update the directed inheritance of the data object.
- Open the data class page.
- Update the Class inheritance to any of the system of record data classes, such as Contact, Address, Organization, Role, or Relationship class.
- Update the database table mapping.
- Open the database table mapping data instance rule for the corresponding implementation data class (from the customer's end).
- Ensure that the Table name field is same as the system of record table name. For example,
- Review the data class attributes.
- Click App. In the search bar, enter the implementation class name.
- To display the list of properties, expand Data Model > Property.
- In the implementation class, ensure that the given properties are sufficient as per your business requirements. Otherwise, create new properties manually by using the rule form from the Pega Customer Service landing page.
- Review the source of the system of record data page by opening the data page that corresponds to the SOR classes and verifying the data sources. If the existing data sources are not sufficient, update the data sources based on your business requirements.