Optimizing queue traffic by adding customer service representatives
In Pega Customer Service, the Contact Center Managers can add customer service representatives (CSRs) to busy queues to balance the workload in the queues. For example, if the Technical queue in the contact center is experiencing high traffic with a limited number of CSRs handling the incoming conversations, the manager can address this situation by adding more qualified CSRs to the queue.
The application provides monitoring tables, such as the Queue monitor and CSR monitor, for the managers to use to monitor the occupancy of each queue and the availability of each CSR. Managers can use these tables to determine when to add a CSR to a queue based on the level of activity in each queue and the availability of qualified CSRs.
- Log in to the Customer Service application as a manager.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click Launch web interface > Interaction portal.
- In the left navigation panel, click .
- In the Queue monitor section, identify the highly occupied queue that needs extra CSRs to manage the work, and then click the button for that queue.
- To add a CSR, in the CSRs who can join the queue section, click .
- To add more CSRs to the queue to balance the workload among the CSRs, repeat step 4.
The customer service representatives are added successfully to the queue.