Setting up the Web Chatbot channel in Pega Customer Service
A user interacting with the Pega Customer Service application is mapped to a separate operator ID and a user account. Each Web Chatbot user who interacts with Pega Platform is mapped to a separate Pega Platform operator and a user account.
- Log in to Designer Studio by using your administrator credentials.
- Click the name of your application and then click .
- In the Create new channel interface section, click the Web Chatbot channel.
- In the Channel interface name field, enter a name for your Web Chatbot.
- Optional: In the Description field, describe the purpose your Web Chatbot.
- Click the Connection tab.
- In the Bot ID field, enter the identifier that you want to use for the Web Chatbot channel.
- In the Template operator ID list, click the name of an existing operator to use as the template.
The value selected in the Template operator ID list specifies the name of an existing operator and is used as a template from which all accounts are created. Each account has a unique identifier set as its ID.