Step 1: Configuring the chat server in Pega Customer Service
A chat server processes chat messages between the chat widget that is deployed on your webpages and your Pega Customer Service application. When you buy a license that includes the Pega Chat offering for Pega Customer Service 8.2 or later, a Pega Cloud Collaboration Services chat server account is provisioned for you. The authorized contact for your organization's Pega account receives an email that includes a private API key and the chat server hostname of your provisioned chat server account. The hostname of the Pega Cloud Collaboration Services chat server depends on the geographical region (for example, for the USA, it is https://us.chat.pega.com).
Before you begin
Ensure from your organization's Pega account contact that a Pega Cloud Collaboration Service chat server account is provisioned for you.
Configure your Pega Customer Service application by using the details in the email to communicate with the chat server account provisioned for you.
- In the navigation panel of App Studio, click Settings > Chat and messaging.
- On the Configuration tab opens, in the Chat section, under Server configuration, complete the following fields:
- In the Chat server hostname field, enter the hostname of your provisioned chat server account.
- In the Configuration protocol list, select https.
- Ensure that the value in the Port field is 443.
- In the Server configuration key field, enter the private API key of your provisioned chat server account.
- To ensure that the Pega Customer Service application connected with the chat server, click Verify.
What to do next
Configure the chat and messaging queues. See Step 2: Configuring the chat and messaging queues.