Creating authorization for DX API tests
Gain access to V2 DX API testing by creating authorization credentials.
V2 DX API tests require authorization. You can access individual endpoints, but to generate a sample response to an endpoint call, you need an OAuth 2.0 client registration data instance.
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click Records.
- Expand the Security category and then click OAuth 2.0 Client Registration.
- In the header of the list of client registration instances, click Create.
- Complete the form, and then click Create and open.
The Client Name field identifies the record.
- Configure the new record:
- In the Supported grant types section, clear the Client credentials check box, and then select the Password credentials check box.
- In the Identity mapping field, press the Down arrow key, and then click the default mapping entry that the prompt displays.
- Select the Enable refresh token check box.
- In the Client Credentials section, click View & download.
- In the View & download modal dialog box, click Download credentials.
- Save the credentials on your local system.
After you save the record, the option to download the credentials is disabled.
- In the header of the record, click Save.