Pega Express: Build
It's time to start building your application using the Pega platform, applying our design principles. Pega is a model‑driven, low‑code platform that both professionals and citizen developers can use to configure applications. On the platform, there are many configuration tools.
- The App Studio experience is one of simplicity that guides the citizen developer to use best practices and leverage the latest out of the box capabilities.
- Dev Studio is used by professionals to configure custom capabilities.
1:1 Customer Engagement
- NBA Designer sits within our Customer Decision Hub™ and enables you to monitor, design and control your one-to-one marketing strategies from a single interface.
You should use the configuration tools as much as possible; it is built for speed, quality and upgrade‑ease. It supports real‑time collaboration between the business and system architects. But what about managing the data, project management and UX?
- Pega’s Integration Designer enables you to create a visual map of the other systems and data you will integrate with, where the data is sourced from and gives you the ability to easily create data views. Data is defined in a single place.
- Agile Workbench makes it easier for teams to collaborate; sharing feedback directly in the platform using screenshots, annotations and video capture
- The Cosmos design system provides a seamless user experience with reusable UI components that enrich the look and feel of the application
This section contains lots of methods and tools to help you follow best practices when building your application. You will have a good starting point; 2 sprints worth of user stories elaborated to the Definition of Ready and a Stages & Steps model, both defined during Prepare.
What you should do during Build:
- Plan each Sprint and observe Scrum ceremonies
- Configure user stories according to acceptance criteria
- Conduct manual and automated testing
- Use DevOps to promote capabilities to higher environments
- Elaborate user-centered user stories for future sprints (using DCO)
- Harden the application