Configuring an organization's calendars for scheduling
In the Pega Field Service application, as a business administrator, you can create organization calendars to define working and non-working hours, in addition to company holidays. You can also create multiple calendar options for field workers from different work groups in the Dispatcher portal that can be customized based on the work timing details, for example, individual PTO and lunch breaks.
To create and configure a calendar, complete the following tasks.
- Log in to the Field Service Admin portal by entering your credentials.
- In the navigation pane, click Organization.
- To add a new calendar, click the Calendar tab and then click the Create Calendar icon .
- Enter the Calendar name.
- Optional: If you do not want the calendar to be terminated after a specific period, select No end date.
- To set the date from which the calendar takes effect, enter the Starting date.
- To set the date from which the calendar is terminated, enter the End date.
- Enter the Working time details, which includes specifying the following details.
- Schedule – The work time schedule for the working days.
- Breaks – Break time details, such as the time allocated by the organization for lunch and other breaks.
- In the Holiday tab, enter the company-wide holiday details. For example, enter December 25th for the Christmas holiday.
- Click Save.
- Log in to the Dispatcher portal by entering your credentials.
- Search for a field worker by entering the field worker name in the search field. You can also select the field worker from the list that is displayed.
- Click the View icon , and then click . The calendar for the selected field worker is displayed.
- To customize the general calendar setting for the field worker, on the Working Time tab, enter the following details.
- Base calendar – The organization calendar that you want to associate with the field worker.
- Additional Workdays – Enter the Date, Start time, and End time of the workday that is not part of the listed working days. For example, if the field worker is available on a Saturday that is not an organizational working day, then enter the date under the Additional workdays section.
- Working days – Enter the work time schedule for the week.
- Breaks – Enter the Name and the time slot allocated for that break.
- On the Holidays tab, clear a company-wide holiday from the list to indicate that the selected field worker is available on that day. This day is listed on the working tab, under the Working Holidays section. For example, if the field worker is available on December 25th, an organization holiday, then clear the check box for the day to make it a working day. This change is reflected under the Working Holidays section of the Working Time tab.
- On the Time Off tab, enter the personal time off details of the field worker.
- Click Save. This saves the calendar configuration for the selected field worker.