There are certain validations in place for the associations that you can create by using the Manage associations case.
- You can add a new person, vehicle, or facility to your system when you create an association. However, you cannot create a business, because creating this entity involves a review process.
- You can associate an entity with any other entity type, including its own type. For example, you can associate a person (Person-1) with another person (Person-2). You can also associate a person (Person-1) with a business (Business-1).
- You can associate an entity with another entity more than once, but with different roles. For example, you can associate a person (Person-1) with another person (Person-2), with "Spouse" and "Car owner" set as the respective roles for each person.
- A vehicle cannot have a similar association within the same time period. For example, you cannot associate a vehicle (Vehicle-1) with Person-1 and Person-2 with each person set as the "Owner" within the same time range. This means that at a point in time, only one owner can be set for a vehicle.
- An entity can have a same vehicle with a similar role but with a different time period. For example, Person-1 can be associated twice with Vehicle-1 with the same roles but the time range should be different.
To update or add new validations, update the CheckDuplicateAssociation (PegaPS-Work-Manage-Associate) activity and the ManageAllAssociations (PegaPS-Work-Manage-Associate) validate rule.
For all associations, the context from where the association is first created is important for displaying the relationship/role of the association. For example, when you create an association with a person (Person-1) and a business (Business-1) as "Employer," when in the context of Business-1, Person-1 has an association with Business-1 as an "Employee."