Configuring additional channels for use with volume constraints
Volume constraints limit the number of actions which are offered to customers, for example, to comply with corporate or regulatory guidelines. Volume constraints can apply per action, per action property, or per channel. If the default channels available in Pega Marketing™ 7.4, 8.1 and 8.2 do not fulfill your requirements, you can create additional channels for use with volume constraints.
- Log in to Dev Studio.
- In the Application Explorer, switch to the PegaMKT- class, as in the following figure:
- Click Data Model > Field Value.
- Open a field value, for example, Channel Email.
- Click Save as.
- Enter a label for the new channel, for example, Telemarketing.
- In the Add to ruleset list, select the ruleset for your custom rules. By default, this is <your implementation application>-Rules.
- Click Create and open.
- Click Check out.
- In the Translate To field, enter the name of the new channel, as in the following figure:
- In the History tab, in the Description field, enter a new description for the channel, for example, Field value for the Telemarketing channel.
- Save and check in your changes.
- In the Application Explorer, switch to the PegaMKT-System-Setting class.
- Click Technical > Activity.
- Open the SetChannelPropertyMappings activity.
- Click Private edit.
- In the Parameters tab, add the new field value in one of the unused rows, as in the following figure:
The parameter value is case-sensitive.
- Click Save.
- Click Actions > Run.
You can now use the new channel in your volume constraints and contact policies, as in the following figure: