Applying the business levers
For each individual action, you can specify a static business weight property on the Details tab of the action, and then use this property to prioritize actions with a higher weight over those with a lower weight. In addition to action-specific weighting, you can also specify a static Weighting (+/-) property for actions associated with a specific issue and group.
- Create actions and specify their business weights. For more information, see Creating actions manually.
- In the Pega Marketing portal, click Next-Best-Action > Designer > Arbitration.
- Ensure that the toggle in the upper right corner of the Business levers > Action weighting section is set to on.
If the toggle is inactive, Next-Best-Action no longer takes action-specific weighting into account when selecting the next best action for a customer.
- Optional: Ensure that the toggle in the upper right corner of the Business levers > Business purpose weighting section is set to on, and then click Add weighting.
- In the Issue/Group field, select the issue and group whose priority should be adjusted.
- In the Weighting (+/-) field, enter the value by which the priority should be adjusted.
The priority of actions is always increased or decreased by the value specified in the business weight property and in the Business purpose weighting section of the Next-Best-Action Designer.