Configuring Google Ads destinations in Paid Media Manager
After you configure the OAuth credentials in Google Ads, use them to configure the connection to a Google Ads destination in Paid Media Manager.
- Log in to Pega Marketing as an operator with access to App Studio.
- In App Studio, click Settings > Channels > Paid Media > Google Ads, as in the following figure:
- Click Add destination.
- Fill out the required fields, such as the destination name, and the OAuth credentials that you created in Google Ads. For more information, see Creating a Google Ads account and credentials.
- Click Grant Access and authenticate in the pop-up window. This generates the authentication token for OAuth. If an error message shows during the authentication process, close the pop-up window and authenticate again. To provide a more detailed error message for users who might encounter the issue, open the OAUTH2 service package in Dev Studio and change the Service access group value to PegaNBAM:Agents.
- In the Field mapping section, map destination API properties to Pega Marketing properties. For more information about PII mapping, see Matching individuals to their accounts in Facebook, Google or LinkedIn.
- Map the Google Ads Email (EMAIL) parameter to a property.
- Optional: Map the Google Ads Phone (PHONE) property to a property. Mapping multiple properties makes it possible to generate higher match rates and reach more individuals.
- To target individuals based on their device ID, configure the additional settings in the Device configuration section. For more information, see Targeting individuals with ads in third-party apps using the device ID obtained in your owned app.
- Optional: In the Google Ads assets generation section, enable automatic campaign generation for Google Ads. For more information, see Streamlining campaign generation for Next-Best-Action paid audiences.