Configuring Google Ads destinations in Paid Media Manager
After you configure the OAuth credentials in Google Ads, use them to configure the connection to a Google Ads destination in Paid Media Manager.
- Log in to Pega Marketing or Pega Customer Decision Hub as an operator with access to App Studio.
- In App Studio, click Settings > Channels > Paid Media > Google Ads, as in the following figure:
- Click Add destination.
- Fill out the required fields, such as the destination name, and the OAuth credentials that you created in Google Ads. For more information, see Creating a Google Ads account and credentials.
- Click Grant Access and authenticate in the pop-up window. This generates the authentication token for OAuth. If an error message shows during the authentication process, close the pop-up window and authenticate again. To provide a more detailed error message for users who might encounter the issue, open the OAUTH2 service package in Dev Studio and change the Service access group value to PegaNBAM:Agents.
- In the Field mapping section, map destination API properties to Pega Marketing or Pega Customer Decision Hub properties. For more information about PII mapping, see Matching individuals to their accounts in Facebook, Google or LinkedIn.
- Map the Google Ads Email (EMAIL) parameter to a property.
- Optional: Map the Google Ads Phone (PHONE) property to a property. Mapping multiple properties makes it possible to generate higher match rates and reach more individuals.
- To target individuals based on their device ID, configure the additional settings in the Device configuration section. For more information, see Targeting individuals with ads in third-party apps using the device ID obtained in your owned app.
- Optional: In the Google Ads assets generation section, enable automatic campaign generation for Google Ads. For more information, see Streamlining campaign generation for Next-Best-Action paid audiences.