Creating real-time containers
Define a real-time container which represent a region of a web page and use the API provided by Pega Marketing to populate it with results (that is, to display the action which you want to offer to your customers). The API also provides you with a mechanism to capture customer responses.
- In the Pega Marketing portal, click Content > Real-Time Artifacts.
- Click Create > Container.
- Enter the container name, for example, Premier Rewards Card Container, and click Create and open.
- In the Is this container currently active? section, select Yes, this Container will respond to requests.
- In the Impression capture section, select one of the following options:
- Captured on retrieval - The Container API captures an impression and then populates the container with results.
- Captured by channel - The Container API does not capture the impression while populating the container with results. Make sure to invoke the CaptureResponse API separately.
- In the Click through behavior section, select one of the following options:
- Capture click through only - Select this option to record a click in the customer's Interaction History without initiating the action flow for the customer. This option is suitable for actions which do not have a defined flow, for example, a typical action on the Web channel where the customer's click on the ad does not trigger any follow-up steps.
- Capture click through and initiate flow - Select this option to record a click in the customer's Interaction History and then initiate the action flow for the customer. This option is suitable for actions which have a defined flow, for example, an action on the Web channel where the customer must receive a follow-up email after clicking on the ad.
- Click Save.
- Use the new container to trigger Next-Best-Action. For more information, see Defining real-time container triggers for Next-Best-Action. You can also use real-time containers to trigger traditional outbound campaigns. For more information, see the Pega Marketing User Guide on the Pega Marketing product page.