Defining action applicability policies
Specify the conditions for an action to be relevant at this point in time. For example, the action is not relevant if the customer already owns a product of the same type.
Any conditions defined for different targeting approaches at the group level are displayed in the Inherited from Group section. You can toggle the Apply check box for each targeting approach to allow or disallow them for this action. To view the group configuration in the Next-Best-Action Designer, click the group name in Inherited from Group.
- Edit or create an action.
- On the Engagement policy tab, expand the Applicability section.
- In the first column, select a field, a strategy, or a When condition from the list.
- In the second column, select a comparator from the list. For strategies, the comparator is always has results for.
- In the third column, select as needed:
- For field conditions, enter a value in the field or select a field by clicking Select values. The system compares the value of this field to the value of the corresponding field or condition in the first column. For example, Status work is equal to Done.
- For strategies, select the required component. The system determines whether there exist strategy results for that component.
- When conditions do not have a third column, because their comparator can only be true or false.
- To specify additional conditions and define the relationships between them, do the following steps:
- Click Add a row and add as many conditions as required.
- Use the drop-down lists between each pair of conditions to specify how these conditions relate to each other. You can group conditions with AND or OR operators.
- Use the drop-down list in the upper right corner to specify how condition groupings should be evaluated.
- Group ANDs - Select this option if you want conditions linked with the AND operator to be evaluated as a group, and conditions linked with the OR operator to be evaluated individually. With this grouping, the grouping of condition 1 AND condition 2 OR condition 3 OR condition 4 is evaluated as (1 AND 2) OR 3 OR 4. That is, either conditions 1 and 2 must both be true, or either one of conditions 3 and 4 must be true.
- Group ORs - Select this option if you want conditions linked with the OR operator to be evaluated as a group, and conditions linked with the AND operator to be evaluated individually. With this grouping, the grouping of condition 1 AND condition 2 OR condition 3 OR condition 4 is evaluated as 1 AND (2 OR 3 OR 4). That is, both condition 1 and one of conditions 2, 3, and 4 must be true.
- Use advanced logic - Select this option if you want to define a mix of grouping by the AND and OR operator. Use the Logic string field to specify the condition grouping.
If you change a condition that uses advanced logic back to Group ANDs or Group ORs, all the groupings that you previously defined are reset.
- To save the condition for future reuse, click Actions > Save to library.
The Save to library option is not available if the conditions include either Strategy rules or When conditions with parameters. The option is also disabled for eligibility conditions which include default criteria created with the Use advanced logic option.
- Click Save.