Defining the action flow
The action flow contains the sequence of steps which make up the action, for example, sending an email and then waiting for the customer's response. You can define the action flows manually, by adding the required shapes and connectors to the canvas. If you have already created some actions, you can reuse the flows you defined for them by using the Dynamic template option.
- Edit or create an action and go to the Flow tab.
- If you have previously created an action flow which you want to reuse, click Dynamic template and select the action to reuse.
If you use a dynamic template for your action flow, you cannot edit the reused flow manually. To add or remove any steps, you must edit the flow of the original action which you selected as template.
- If you want to manually create a new action flow, right-click on the canvas and then click Add to select the flow shape.
For more information, see "Adding Flow Shapes" in the "Actions" chapter of the Pega Marketing User Guide.
- To connect the new shape to other shapes, hover your mouse over the shape and select Create new connection, as in the following figure:
For more information, see "Connecting Two Shapes" in the "Actions" chapter of the Pega Marketing User Guide.
- To re-position a shape, drag and drop it on the canvas.
- Click Save.