Importing and exporting actions
Instead of creating actions manually, you can import actions created outside of Pega Marketing by uploading a .csv file with the action data.
- To quickly create a valid .csv file, export a template for the Issue and Group where you want to create the actions.
- In the Pega Marketing portal, click Content > Actions.
- On the Actions landing page, in the Issue / Group filter, select an issue and a group.
- Click Apply.
- Click View.
The Export CSV file link in the top right corner of the action list is now active.
- Click Export CSV file. You can also manually prepare a valid .csv file with the list of actions that you want to import. The .csv file must contain the following data:
- Name (pyName) of the action.
- Status (.pyIsPropositionActive) of the action. Possible values for the .pyIsPropositionActive are Always, Never, and the expiration date of the action.
- On the Actions landing page, click Create > Actions from file.
- Click Choose File and select your .csv file.
- Select the issue and group for the actions in the import file.
- In the Template Type section, select whether Pega Marketing should apply an action flow template to the imported actions.
- None - Actions are imported with a default action flow. The default action flow consists of a Start and an End shape.
- Reference flow from another action - For each action in the .csv file, you can specify an existing action to be used as template for the imported action. The imported action is created with the same action flow as the template action. If the template action is not found, the new action is imported with a default action flow. The default action flow consists of a Start and an End shape.
- Copy flow from another action - If your .csv file does not specify individual templates for each action, you can select one action to use as template for all actions in the .csv file. The imported actions are created with the same action flow as the template action.
- If you want to completely overwrite existing actions with actions from the .csv file, for example, to remove previously used test data, select Delete existing actions that are not in the file.
This option deletes any action which is not included in the .csv file that you are importing.
- Click Import.
If there are any errors in the .csv file, download the error report and resolve each error before you continue.