Planning an upgrade
Take the time to plan an upgrade of your Pega Marketing™ or Pega Customer Decision Hub™ application to ensure that the upgrade process is efficient and successful. In preparation for the upgrade, review the upgrade guide that is appropriate for your application version:
- Pega Marketing 7.x to 8.4 Upgrade Guide
- Pega Marketing 8.x to 8.4 Upgrade Guide
You can view the documents on the Pega Marketing product page.
While planning your upgrade, keep in mind the following information:
- For Pega Marketing versions earlier than 7.13, you may need to upgrade to an interim version before you upgrade to the most recent release. For more information, see Pega Marketing upgrade paths.
- Assess your application's readiness for the upgrade by running the Pre-Upgrade Check component. For more information, see Pre-upgrade check for Pega Marketing and Pega Customer Decision Hub.
- Before you start the upgrade, do the tasks listed in the "Completing the prerequisite tasks" chapter in the upgrade guide.
- After you upgrade your application from a version earlier than 8.1, you might need to review and manually modify segments. For more information, see Upgrading Segments in Pega Marketing.