Pre-Upgrade Check for Pega Marketing and Pega Customer Decision Hub
Assess whether your system is ready for an upgrade to the latest version by adding the Pre-Upgrade Check component to your Pega Marketing™ or Pega Customer Decision Hub™ application, and then running a series of checks.
With the Pre-Upgrade Check component, you can identify the following types of problems that might cause errors or failure during an upgrade:
- Missing hotfixes
- Locked artifact ruleset
- Excessive number of batch database tables
- Customized rules
Running the Pre-Upgrade Check component
Prepare your application for an upgrade by identifying and resolving any issues that might make the upgrade unsuccessful.
Before you begin
Enable the Pre-Upgrade Check component on your application. For more information, see Installing the Pre-Upgrade Check component.
- In the header of the Pega Marketing or Pega Customer Decision Hub portal, click Configuration > Pre-Upgrade Check.
- On the Pre-upgrade check page, click Run.
Result: The application displays the results grouped into categories, as shown in the following example:
- Review and resolve the reported issues.
For more information, see Resolving pre-upgrade issues.
- Run the Pre-Upgrade Check component again by repeating steps 1 through 3.
Result: When the check returns no more issues, your application is ready for an upgrade.
What to do next
To upgrade your application, follow the instructions in the upgrade guide that is appropriate for your application version:
- Pega Marketing 7.x to 8.4 Upgrade Guide
- Pega Marketing 8.x to 8.4 Upgrade Guide
The documents are available on the Pega Marketing product page.