Prospecting with Next-Best-Action paid audiences
Paid Media Manager enables organizations to leverage their proprietary individual level data, decisioning, intelligence for prospecting by utilizing the look-a-like capabilities of media platforms. You can also prospect for new customers using lookalikes of Next-Best-Action Audiences. Lookalike audiences, also known as similar audiences in Google Ads, are audiences whom you want to target because they resemble individuals whom you already target in some way, and may also be interested in your product or service.
Configuring Facebook Lookalike Audiences
For Facebook Ads, lookalike audiences are created from a selected percentage of the population of a specified country. To configure them, specify the lookalike audience country and ratio. For more information about Facebook lookalike audiences, see Lookalike Audiences.
- Log in to Pega Marketing as an operator with access to App Studio.
- In App Studio, click Settings > Channels > Paid Media > Facebook Ads, as in the following figure:
- Edit or create a destination.
- Configure the following settings in the Facebook Ads assets generation section:
- Lookalike audience country - Enter the country of residence for audience members whom you want to target because they resemble individuals whom you already target. Facebook Ads lookalike audiences must be specific to a single country. For more information, refer to the Facebook Ads documentation.
- Lookalike audience ratio - Enter the percentage of the population of the lookalike audience country whom you want to target. For example, a lookalike audience ratio of 0.01 targets 1% of the population of the selected country. Larger audience ratios target more people, but the targeted audience members may have less resemblance to individuals whom you already target. For more information, refer to the Facebook Ads documentation.
- Click Apply.
Generating Google similar audiences
For Google Ads, similar audiences are generated automatically for all destinations where you enabled automatic campaign generation. The generation may take up to 48 hours. After an audience is generated, Pega Marketing generates the associated ad group within the Next-Best-Action-driven campaign ad group structure.
For more information about Google similar audiences, see About similar audiences on the Display Network.
Configuring Facebook lead ads
Facebook lead ads provides a mechanism to drive individuals from an anonymous to a known state by running lead generation campaigns on Facebook and Instagram. They include a contact form for individuals that allows them to get in touch with a business. Leads generated with Facebook lead ads are captured directly in Pega Marketing. For more information about Facebook lead ads, see Lead ads.
To start using Facebook Lead Ads to collect contact information from prospects:
- Ensure that your application can both send and receive data from Facebook.
- Obtain a Facebook Ads access token with the following permissions:
- Request the leads_retrieval and manage_pages permissions for Facebook Ads Lead Retrieval API and submit your app to App Review.
These permissions are necessary to retrieve lead information once a lead ID is received from Webhooks.
- In the Facebook Ads destination configuration, enter the access token and select Enable Lead Generation.
Auto-generated Webhook URL and token appear.
- In Facebook Ads, configure the Webhook URL and token, and subscribe to lead generation. For more information, refer to Facebook Ads documentation.
- If you changed the field names in the Facebook lead form, edit the data transform PegaMKT-Data-PaidMedia-LeadAdResponse.FacebookFieldMapping.
- Optional: Modify the default activity that saves captured leads to better integrate it with your lead handling process. The name of the activity is PegaMKT-Data-PaidMedia-LeadAdResponse.ProcessProspect.
Captured leads are saved in the database table mkt_paidmedia_leads in the Pega Marketing database schema. Ensure that expired prospects are removed from the table to prevent it from growing over time.