Updating Interaction History tables for Pega Marketing
For Pega Marketing implementations that require Interaction History data to be contained in a non-default database, you must update the data tables in the non-default database schema that is used by the Pega Platform. The entire process must be carried out in several phases by using Pega-provided interactions and tools, which are clarified in each section of this article.
Complete the following tasks between installing Pega 7.3.1 and installing Pega Marketing 7.31.
- Creating the required (non-default) database schema
- Extending your system to use the non-default Interaction History data tables
- Verifying that the Pega Marketing configuration uses the new Interaction History database tables
Before you update the Interaction History tables, you must have already completed the following tasks:
- Reviewed the database policies and application permissions that are used by your Pega Platform installation.
- Installed Pega 7.3.1, applied any required hotfixes, and backed up your system. For additional information, see your installation guide on the Pega Platform product page.
- Followed the instructions in the Decision Strategy Manager Installation Guide to move your Interaction History data tables to a non-default database.
- Downloaded the latest Pega Marketing RAP, which contains the required configuration files that are discussed in this article.
Create a new Pega database rule for Interaction History named PegaIHData. This rule is required to allow Pega Marketing access to the Pega Platform's Interaction History tables in the non-default database schema, PegaIHDATA.
- Log in to the Pega Platform (https://<hostname>:<port>/prweb) by entering the firstname.lastname@example.org operator ID and the password that you specified when you installed this server.
- Create a new database rule for the Interaction History schema named PegaIHData. Your implementation uses this rule to access the Interaction History tables in the new schema.
- Update the ExternalMKTData database rule so it can access the new database schema, PegaIHData, where it stores the Interaction History data after you complete the configuration:
- Click the Advanced tab.
- In the Database Name field, enter
- Click Save.
- To open the Import wizard, click Designer Studio > Application > Distribution > Import.
- Click Choose File, browse for and select the /ResourceKit/IH/Marketing_IH_Tables.zip file from your distribution media, then follow the wizard instructions.
- Select the Enable advanced mode to provide more granular control over the import process option and click Next.
- Click View/Download SQL DDL, then click Save.
- Cancel the Import wizard.
Before you install Pega Marketing 7.31, use the database scripts that are generated as part of the latest Pega Marketing distribution media to add specific columns to the tables in this schema. You must also allow the default database schema, PegaData, to access the newly created PegaIHData schema. With these tasks complete, you can complete your Pega Marketing 7.31 installation.
- Use a text editor to edit the schema file that you created in the previous section by replacing <Pega Data> schema with <PegaIHData>.
- Connect to the external schema where the Pega Marketing Interaction History data tables are located by using the database client of your choice.
- To add the Pega Marketing columns to the Interaction History data tables, execute the SQL in your customized database schema.
- To allow the default PegaData schema to access the PegaIHData schema, run the following grants:
GRANT SELECT ON <PegaIHData>.PR_DATA_IH_DIM_CONTEXT TO <PegaData>;
GRANT SELECT ON <PegaIHData>.PR_DATA_IH_FACT TO <PegaData>;
GRANT SELECT ON <PegaIHData>.PR_DATA_IH_DIM_OUTCOME TO <PegaData>;
GRANT SELECT ON <PegaIHData>.PR_DATA_IH_DIM_ACTION TO <PegaData>;
Complete the Pega Marketing 7.31 installation, including the application of hotfixes and the creation of operators, as directed in the Pega Marketing 7.31 Installation Guide.
After the configuration is complete, verify that Pega Marketing is using the Interaction History database tables in the non-default database.
- Log in to your application by using the Marketing administrator operator ID.
- In the left navigation panel, open the Records explorer and click SysAdmin > Database Tables.
- On the Database Tables page, next to the Class Name column, click the filter icon. In the Filter field, enter
- Verify that the Database Name associated with each Table Name is PegaIHData.