Troubleshooting mobile offline work items that do not always synchronize online
Mobile app work items that you submit offline do not always appear when you return online.
After you are back online, new work items that you create online are synchronized, but the work items that you created offline are not be synchronized.
If you have offline-enabled mobile apps running on Pega 7.3, Pega 7.3.1, and Pega 7.4, this problem could potentially cause data loss when changing flow structures in a production application.
This problem occurs when changes to flows are rolled out to an offline-enabled application where you might still have the older version of the mobile app running on your device or have existing work completed on the older flow structure still on your device.
If you have offline-enabled mobile apps, apply the hotfix for the Pega platform release that you are using.
Install the hotfix before making any changes to the production-environment application.
- For Pega 7.3, install HFix-47164.
- For Pega 7.3.1, install HFix-46788.
- For Pega 7.4, install HFix-47168.
Create workbaskets to capture offline synchronization issues for all of your case types and check these workbaskets on a regular basis.
Requesting a hotfix
To obtain the hotfix that you need, create a Support Request (SR):
1. Go to My Support Portal, https://msp.pega.com/.
2. For the account that you are affiliated with, click to open the New Support Request form.
3. For Service Type, select Product Support.
4. For Request Type, select Existing Hotfix Request.
5. Complete all the other fields of the SR form.
6. Click .