Managing cases in Pega Predictive Diagnostic Cloud
Standard Analysis and Exception Analysis agents read recent alerts and exceptions that your application generates. Pega Predictive Diagnostic Cloud™ (PDC) correlates the events and creates a case, unless a case with the same problem correlation already exists. If it does exist, then the event is assigned to the existing case. The case collects basic data and assigns an assignment to a default work queue. PDC periodically updates the case with the following information:
- First event
- Last event
- Alert origins
- Current and previous week statistics
- Recommended next steps
For more information on how PDC groups events to create cases, see Cases in Pega Predictive Diagnostic Cloud.
To fix issues in your application system, investigate the top cases in your Improvement Plan. Open each case and decide to whom you can assign it, whether to provide additional information, or whether to evaluate the key performance indicator (KPI).
When you open a case, you can do the following actions:
- Refresh – Multiple users can manage the same case simultaneously. Use the refresh function to see the current status of a case, for example, to whom it is assigned, the KPI value, and the case status.
- Copy shareable link – Generate a direct link to the case. You can share the link with other users who might help analyze the issue.
- Resolve this work – If the issue has been fixed and you do not want to see the case in your Improvement Plan, you can resolve the case. However, if you resolve the case and the issue reoccurs, the case reopens automatically.
- Ignore this case in the future – If the issue is insignificant and the information about it should not be processed by PDC, you can configure PDC to ignore the case. However, it is not a good practice to ignore any cases.
- Reassign – If you know the right person or group of people that should be working on fixing the issue, you can reassign the case.
- Regenerate advice – The information on the tab in the case is periodically updated. To see the newest data, refresh the case information.
- Elevate KPI – Elevate the key performance indicator on a case to ignore all the alerts that have a lower KPI configured in Pega Platform™. For more information, see Configuring the key performance indicator.
- Update tracking references – Enter or change information that you can use to track case resolution in a project management tool, for example, Agile Studio or Jira.
- Share – Send the case to a project management tool, such as Agile Studio or Jira. For more information, see Integrations in Pega Predictive Diagnostic Cloud.
- Print – Generate a printable version of the case.