Pega Predictive Diagnostic Cloud Event Viewer overview
The Event Viewer landing page of Pega Predictive Diagnostic Cloud™ (PDC) is a problem-solving tool for thorough investigation of issues. On this page, you can view log data for events that occurred in your application or system.
Use the Event Viewer to access a live feed of diagnostic data from all the nodes in your system. You can also view data from up to 14 days in the past to analyze issues that occurred during that time. For example, if you know when your system failed, you can see the alerts, exceptions, and PAL events that were generated at that time. By analyzing these events, you can determine the problem that caused the selected system to fail.
For more information about the event types in PDC, see Event grouping in Pega Predictive Diagnostic Cloud cases.
To identify the main source of events that occurred on the selected system in the specified time frame, you can group events by the following criteria:
- Case ID – Show events related to a case as one item. This grouping helps you to find the cases that affect your system's performance the most.
- Event Type – Show events of the same type as one item. This grouping helps you to find the type of event that occurs most frequently.
- Application – Show events related to the same application as one item. This grouping helps you to find the application that generates most events.
- Operator – Show events that were triggered by a single user's actions as one item. This grouping can help you to find users that cause the most performance problems with your system.
- Node – Show events that occurred on the same node as one item. By using this grouping, you can find the slowest nodes in your system.
In the Event Viewer, you can filter all events by the following criteria:
- Interval – Select the time period for the data. If the time is not available in the drop-down list, select Custom time, and configure the date and time for when the events were generated.
- Type – Select the type of event to see: exception, alert, or PAL event.
- Event – Select the event title or exception message.
- Case ID – Select a specific case to see all related events.
- Application – Select the application to view.
- Operator – Select the user account to see problems that a specific user was experiencing.
- Requestor – Select the session to search for events.
- Int ID – Select the interaction ID to view.
- Node – Select the system from which the events came.
- Maintenance mode – View only events that occurred when maintenance mode was on.
To view more details about an event, click the Expand icon.