Pega Predictive Diagnostic Cloud Event Viewer landing page overview
The Event Viewer landing page of Pega Predictive Diagnostic Cloud™ (PDC) is a problem-solving tool for thorough investigation of issues. On this page, you can view log data for events that occurred in your application or system.
Use the Event Viewer to access a live feed of diagnostic data from all the nodes in your system. You can also view data from up to 14 days in the past to analyze issues that occurred during that time. For example, if you know when your system failed, you can see the alerts, exceptions, and PAL events that were generated at that time. By analyzing these events, you can determine the problem that caused the selected system to fail.
For more information about the event types in PDC, see Event grouping in Pega Predictive Diagnostic Cloud cases.
To identify the main source of events that occurred on the selected system in the specified time frame, you can group events by the following criteria:
- Case ID – Group events related to a single case. This grouping helps you find the cases that affect your system's performance the most.
- Event Type – Group events of the same type. This grouping helps you find the type of event that occurs most frequently.
- Application – Group events related to the same application. This grouping helps you find the application that generates most events.
- Operator – Group events that were triggered by a single user's actions. This grouping can help you find users that cause the most performance problems with your system.
- Node – Group events that occurred on the same node. By using this grouping, you can find the slowest nodes in your system.
- Requestor – Group events that share the same requestor. This grouping helps you analyze which requestors generated the most events.
In the Event Viewer, you can filter all events by the following criteria:
- Type – Select the type of event to see: exception, alert, or PAL event.
- Event – Select the event title or exception message.
- Case ID – Select a specific case to see all related events.
- Application – Select the application to view.
- Operator – Select the user account to see problems that a specific user was experiencing.
- Requestor – Select the session to search for events.
- Int ID – Select the interaction ID to view.
- Node – Select the system from which the events came.
- Maintenance mode – View only events that occurred when maintenance mode was on.
- Requestor type – Select one or more of the following requestor types: Web, Service, Background, and Async.
To view more details about an event, click the Expand icon.