Pega Predictive Diagnostic Cloud Improvement Plan overview
Thelanding page provides detailed information about issues that affect the performance of your monitored system. By looking at this information, you can identify areas that you need to work on to improve your system's performance.
To access the page, on the navigation pane, click Improvement Plan. You can subscribe to periodical email digests with the detailed Improvement Plan. For more information, see Managing PDC notification subscriptions.
In the Pega Predictive Diagnostic Cloud™ (PDC) header, you can select the system that you want to monitor. In the top-left corner of the landing page, you can select the application that you want to monitor.
The performance statistics are divided into categories that represent the following areas:
- Application Logic – Problems that are related to the configuration that is used to incorporate the business logic in your application.
- Connectors – Problems that are related to the connectors that are used in your application.
- Database – Problems that occur in your database configuration.
- Decisioning – Problems that are related to Decision Strategy Manager (DSM).
- Exceptions – Problems that are related to errors in the code.
- Operations – Problems related to the run-time operation of your application.
- Pega Platform™ Tuning – Problems that are related to your Pega Platform configuration.
The categories prioritize cases based on their urgency. In the Trend column, the red (higher) and green (lower) arrows show the cases that are gaining or decreasing in importance.
In both the online and email versions of the Improvement Plan, you can open a case in PDC by clicking the case's ID and view the detailed description, root cause analysis, and recommended actions. In the Affected column, you can see which process area in your system is affected by the issue: web interactions, service interactions, or batch processing. In the Impact column, you can see how much time your system spent on this issue in the last seven days and a percentage increase or decrease compared to the previous week. In the Occurrences column, you can see how frequently this problem occurred within the last seven days and a percentage increase or decrease compared with the previous week.
To find the cases that you want to investigate more quickly, you can sort and filter cases in a category alphabetically by case, assignment, and the last time when PDC detected an associated event.
To see more details for each case, click the Expand icon. The expanded section displays a detailed description of the issue, the status of the case, and how many times the issue occurred within the last weeks.
To see more cases for a category, at the bottom of that category, click See more. Up to 500 cases in the category are displayed, sorted by urgency. In the top-left corner, you can select the category that you want to view.