Pega Predictive Diagnostic Cloud System Summary overview
Thelanding page lists performance interaction statistics for your monitored system. Use the page to quickly view your system’s condition. In the Pega Predictive Diagnostic Cloud™ header, you can select the name of the monitored system.
The System Summary is divided into the following categories:
– Shows the amount of time a user spent for services or browser interactions. You can see the overall interactions in the last seven days on the following tabs:
- Browser – By looking at the values, you can assess the interaction responses in your system per user.
- Services – By looking at the values, you can assess the service interaction response in your system.
– Shows basic data for the most problematic cases that are related to the response time and that happen in your application on the server or browser. You can improve your application's performance by investigating the top cases in this category. You can see basic performance data from the last seven days on the following tabs:
- Browser – By looking at these values, you can assess whether the browser response time is improving or degrading, if there is a variance in user count and interaction count by day, and if there is a change in the ratio of browser interactions that result in an alert. If your application is user-facing, this table lists the most important issues from the application’s usability perspective.
- Services – The table summarizes service-related cases based on service activity and prioritizes them for remediation based on frequency and severity. If your application is primarily user-facing, the service alerts are less important, as long as the services do not impair the entire environment.