What data Pega Predictive Diagnostic Cloud collects
Pega Predictive Diagnostic Cloud (PDC) collects, parses, and aggregates the monitoring data without the need of user involvement. The data that PDC presents provides an in-depth view of issues and events in your system, which increases your control over how your applications operate, and helps you eliminate errors.
PDC collects the following data:
- Rule usage and rule changes
- Processes that occur inside your application
- System resources
- Data flow between interface elements and data pages
- Performance statistics
Data that PDC collects belongs to two general categories:
Each Pega Platform™ instance includes PegaAESRemote, a PDC monitoring agent. This agent collects information from Pega Platform components and sends the information to PDC in five- or ten-minute intervals by using REST services. PDC receives the information regardless of the activity in the system, which means PDC monitors your application even when it has no traffic.
The PDC monitoring agent collects the following data:
- Resource information, for example, memory or CPU usage
- Components health, for example, queue processors or listeners
- Backing service information, for example, search service
After receiving data, PDC creates a visual dashboard of system health, using visual charts, graphs, and diagrams to present the information on the System Resources landing page.
To learn more about the System Resources landing page, see Tools for monitoring system resources in PDC.
When specific conditions occur, or when your application encounters an exception, Pega Platform generates alerts and registers them in the Pega Alert log. Based on these records, PDC creates system events. The Pega Alert log includes the following alert types:
- Predefined PEGA alerts, which occur in specific conditions.
- Alerts raised by Pega Platform components, for example, HTML generation, SQL execution, internal database, backing services.
- Unhandled exceptions inside your application that were not identified by Pega Platform.
Events created by PDC contain additional details useful in diagnosing and remediating issues and offer real-time notifications for critical events. PDC also further aggregates correlated events into cases.
PDC presents all created events in the Event Viewer.
- To learn more about how PDC collects data, see Data collected by PDC.
- To learn more about the Event Viewer, see Event Viewer landing page in PDC.
- To learn more about cases in PDC, see Cases in PDC.
Onboarding for PDC
1 Fundamentals of PDC
1.1 How PDC manages monitoring data
1.2 What data PDC collects
1.3 How PDC ensures data privacy
1.4 Who should use PDC
1.5 How to start using PDC
1.6 Licensing and support
2 Event Viewer in PDC
2.1 System Events in PDC
2.2 Analyzing events